Monday, January 28, 2013

It's Been A While

So recently I went through my security clearance review and during the investigation quite a few people were contacted. I knew they would attempt to talk to certain people at "that facility" and was prepared for that. My clearance came through perfectly fine as nearly everyone who really knows me or works with me could validate the required information and could recommend me. Now I certainly know I'm not perfect and definitely have flaws that need some work, but to blame my blog for causing damage to "her" life??? (It definitely wasn't my blog that cheated on her husband). All I did was post things that happened to me and my opinions (as the blog stated). How could that be "totally not true?" Anyway, that's all in the past. I'm guessing that her testimonies were mostly ignored as she couldn't even specify when she became the coordinator or provide specific details on what she said. It was obvious that she still has it out for me as she even went so far as to say that the dates and times of my posts would be during work hours for the federal government... (once again spouting things she knows little about... Was I working that day? Was I on a billable contract? Was I traveling? Does the server that hosts this blog use my local time or it's own time (if it's in a different time zone/country?)... Well, I guess "haters gonna hate" is a good slogan here! Unfortunately, a lot of the stuff was "he said, she said" and led to many unfortunate things... I know this didn't happen only to me so I believe that insecurities/competition was a big part of this. I've never worked at a fitness facility where instructors "competed" with each other. It's always been teamwork and learning from each other... Oh well... I'm not sure why talking to members outside of work is a bad thing when all I was doing was letting them know my teaching schedule (via my web site or emails or just saying something on the way out of the facility about my next class) but this was brought up in the interview. Most instructors "self-promote" and I don't see anything wrong with that. Well, it was nice of her to say that I taught a good class and that the members liked me a lot. I do appreciate that one nice thing that was said! So, hopefully that will be the last time there is any "interaction" at all... glad it's all over and glad I didn't have to rely on that place for my real income as several of us might have ended up in padded rooms! haha j/k It was (and still is) something that I love to do but when the negatives outweigh the positives, it was a good time to move on. I suppose I learned a few things from the experience and that will help avoid situations like that in the future.

No comments: